Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Walk to End Alzheimers

Had to be in Fort Worth at 6:00 am this morning to help with radio communications for the Walk to End Alzheimers. It was bad enough having to set the alarm for 4:45. It was worse when I realized I'd already been up 30 minutes and it was really only 4:15. Really nice cloudy and cool weather for the participants, staff and volunteers. The Walk started at 9:00 a.m. The last walker had finished, the course had been cleared of supplies and signs, all the participants and almost all volunteers had already left, and we shut down the radios at 10:40.  I was at the super Walmart by 11, wandering up and down aisles telling myself I really did NOT actually need this or that while looking for a new can opener, managing to spend an hour in the process. But I did myself proud. I came home with only the new can opener and a ream of 24lb paper. :D

2 comments:

CalamityJr said...

It's so frustrating when we mis-set the alarm - late OR early! Amazing how much time it takes to prepare for something that lasts such a short time, but kudos to you for volunteering.

Shebafudge said...

Congratulations on your walk. What a horrible time to be up of a morning, planned or unplanned!

Photobucket