Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Columbine Bookmark


Except for a couple of stitches, all I  have left is a LOT of backstitching - not my favorite thing. Although the original kit came with 15ct aida banding, floss, felt backing and a tassel, I received this as a PIF with only the well worn chart, on which someone had marked the DMC colors, and some left over floss, though I mostly used my own. This is stitched on 28ct natural linen banding, which has a slightly wider center stitching area. After stitching the 904 mid-value green, it was difficult to distinguish the difference with 895 dark green so frogged it all and started over. But after considerable search thru stash ended up blending the 904 with 319 instead. I added a couple of spaces to each side of the design before the border to make it fit better between the bands, only to discover no matter where I "centered" it would be one square off on the banding. Am adding a couple of stitches to the left side of the flowers and moved the bottom vine one left and added an extra stitch to make the design more centered. I may restitch that center tendril as well to add a couple of stitches in width. When finished it will likely become a small wall hanging instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Your book mark is very pretty.

It would make a lovely wall hanging too.

Photobucket