Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

PS Santa WIP / New CC Mitten Freebie



 A slow slog, but I've finally started adding the 3rd Santa to the banner or bell pull I've been working on for the past year. The top Santa in photo is actually the middle one (1991). I need to stitch the eye and the pineapple next to boot. The charted colors don't work on this 18ct Fiddler's lite. Also, I need to figure out what to do with the white as it does not show up well either. I may backstitch with the lightest grey. The newest Santa is from 1993. I changed the single-cross border from white to green. I also wish I was using 1 thread for everything except the white, but once started .... If I do another on 18ct, I'm going to at least give it a test run.

New: Sophie's Christmas Mitten - from The Cricket Collection -
click on Gift Design

1 comment:

Kay said...

I had the same problem with the white. If I remember correctly, I used a shade of gray, and I wasn't exactly happy with that, either. I need to find some better fabric for these guys!

Photobucket