Sharing my life and love of cross stitch. Thoughts about this and that.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Freebie: Lil Dragon

20w x 20H
14/28ct: 1-3/8 x 1-3/8 inches
French Knot or bead for belly button
Evenweave recommended

If you prefer or need a B/W chart, please leave a comment. I'd love some feedback!

Originally created in 1995 to fill in a blank lower corner in fairy design for a RR. The fairy was bent over looking down at something. Lil Dragon is what I came up with. I borrowed the fairy chart from another participant. Carmel in NZ, perhaps? Her RR was pigs. I still have the little wooden pig bookmark she sent. I've always wondered what happened to her. I have only participated in 3 RRs. I think that "architecture" was my theme for this one. I'd intended to frame the piece for my newly graduated daughter's future office. Unfortunately, one participant decided to hold a couple of pieces hostage. When that was FINALLY resolved and my RR released, I asked that it just be sent home as then stitched. By the time it got back, about 15 months late, daughter had had it with the "good old boy" attitude she'd butted heads with, and had already moved on to something that utilized her skills and gave her the independence she needed to excel. The RR piece is still unfinished and unframed. Needless to say, it was my last RR.

No comments:

Photobucket